Welcome to the official website of GWES ERN!
What is GWES ERN?
The GWES EAS Relay Network is a system of decommissioned (and some brand new) broadcast EAS equipment, repurposed by enthusiasts for internal alerting of civil emergencies or hazardous weather, in addition to GWES-originated messages. The network is a revival of GWES Weather Network and its program to relay EAS messages.
Interested in joining? Here’s some things we offer.
- In-house CAP server designed around the CAP 1.2 and IPAWS Profile 1.0 specifications.
- In-house CAP decoding and relaying software.
- Centralized Icecast server for all participants.
- Customizable EAS logging software available for all participants.
- Hub-and-Spoke network design, allowing for extreme flexibility as a participant.
- Streaming audio to an internet stream is NOT required.
- Interconnections to the Internet Alert Relay Network (IARN), greatly expanding coverage.
- Many developers with a vast skill set.
- Custom website for all participants.